Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Fly me to the moon

Since the rest of my blog posts have been written from my lovely iPhone, I think its time to actually sit down on a computer and write something without weird wording and grammatical errors. Haha. There are different types of things in my life that I value very much. It starts with my Grandparents story. My Grandpa on my dad's side served in the Navy for over 30 years. During this time he met my Grandma in Okinawa Japan, got married, got pregnant and eventually brought her and my dad to the United States. Once they moved here; like any other military family they moved constantly. California, Texas, Hawaii, Florida. During this time, my Grandma was a stay and home mom and housewife. Took care of the cooking, cleaning, yard work and the children. She also took pastry and painting classes to improve her skills. In Texas is where she met some of her most valuable neighbors. These neighbors turned into friends. Such good friends that they still talk to this day and she is coming to visit at the end of June. After over 30 years, many moves and life changes... they still talk. Its those types of relationships that remind me what life is all about. The connections that we have with people who mean most. I look up to my Grandparents more than anyone else. They have been married almost 50 years and still tell each other how much they love each other daily. Its that type of marriage that blossomed in the late 1950's that have the solid fundamentals of a successful relationship. There is no such thing as divorce. Fights are always resolved with communication and compromise. It's the simple life. This is why I know Firas and I are in it for the long run, because we have the same view on the important things in our lives. We want to live in simply. Always keeping in mind what is most important to us. <3 We have our first meeting with a potential client and we are seriously crossing our fingers because it would be incredible to secure our first one! A lot of time and effort has all lead to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment